The preschool curriculum is based upon the Arkansas Frameworks for three and four year old children.
We offer a well-balanced program focusing on the spiritual, academic, social and physical development of each child in a Christ-centered environment.
- Religious formation is taught daily with preschoolers attending weekly Mass each Friday beginning in November with our elementary school children at 8:15 a.m. The fourth and fifth graders are the preschooler’s buddies during Mass and other events throughout the year.
- Our preschoolers experience a thematic based literary curriculum with an emphasis in math preparation to help make the transition from preschool to kindergarten smoother.
- Children are exposed to science and social studies lessons.
- They participate in art, music, Spanish, physical education, technology, as well as, visiting the school library for story time.
- The children experience guided activities, free-choice play with several centers and a wide variety of hands-on materials to discover.
18 month – 4 Year Old Attendance Days
|Two Days Only||Based on Availability||7:30 a.m. to3:00 p.m.|
|Three Days Only||Based on Availability||7:30 a.m. to3:00 p.m.|
|Five Days, Part Time||Monday to Thursday||7:30 a.m. to11:30 a.m.|
|Friday||7:30 a.m. to3:00 p.m.|
|Five Full Days||Monday to Friday||7:30 a.m. to3:00 p.m.|
|Five Extended Days||Monday to Friday||7:30 a.m. to5:30 p.m.|
*Children must be 18 months or older by the first day of school to be eligible for enrollment.
*Preschool students are not considered to be a second, third or fourth child in the kindergarten through sixth grade tuition rates.
For further information regarding our preschool program, please call our school office at 479-782-0614.
Children who will attain the age of 5 on or before September 1st may enter kindergarten at Christ the King Catholic School. The kindergarten program is rich in literacy as teachers focus on print awareness, phonological awareness, comprehension, fluency, listening, speaking, alphabet knowledge, sight words, author studies, as well as lots of journal writing and writing prompts. Math instruction includes number sense and operations, geometry, measurement, graphing, patterns and problem solving. Teachers encourage children in appropriate work habits and social behaviors. Kindergarten students attend art, computer lab, library, music, physical education and Spanish instruction weekly. Religion is taught daily and our kindergartners sit with their 6th grade guardian angels at Mass each Friday. Small class size is a plus. The teacher to student ratio is 1:15 most years.
Curriculum First – Sixth Grades
Christ the King Catholic School follows the Diocese of Little Rock Curriculum Guidelines regarding basic materials, specific courses, and time allotments. A planned instructional program leads to discovering and developing the abilities of each individual student.
Christ the King offers a balanced curriculum including religion, language arts (English, reading, literature, phonics, oral and written communication, handwriting, spelling), science, mathematics (Math-Olympiads 4th-6th), social studies (history, geography, civics, economics, Arkansas History), library, art, music, physical education, Spanish, technology and such electives as deemed practical and helpful.