Christ the King Catholic School opened its doors in September of 1949. The first classes were held in Jewett Hall with 45 students in the kindergarten through fourth grades. These 45 students were taught by the Sisters of Mercy; namely, Sisters Bernardine and Janet. Beginning the second year Mrs. Helen Schmidt joined the faculty and each year a grade and staff member were added until the school had kindergarten through eighth grade. In 1954 the first section of our new school was built with 122 pupils attending. In 1957 a second section was added doubling its size. Enrollment reached 289 in the late fifties. In 1974 grades seven and eight were discontinued.
In 2004 a gymnasium, six classrooms, a new office, a resource room, nurses’ office and five Parish Religious Education rooms were added. In 2010 a new addition was built to house a music room, an art room, a library, and a new 4th grade classroom, as well as two preschool rooms. The previous 4th grade classroom was restructured to house Spanish classes and a resource room.
Presently, we have preschool 18 month through the sixth grade led by Fr. Juan Guido and Principal Jeff Plake